Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mr. Toad

So this evening I was moving around some of my caladium bulbs when I went to move this pot in my garden.
and saw this....... keep looking, he's the fat lump in the middle of the picture.A toad had decided to make his home under the pot. I LOVE toads and frogs, but he did make me jump a bit as all I saw at first were some eyes and something move ever so slightly. I went and got the kids the so they could come see our new friend. They were a little skeptical at first but they both pet him and laughed when he jumped.


Our new backyard friend, Mr. Toad. He's quite handsome I think, even with his little turned down mouth.
I decided to make him a toad house or two so that maybe he will hang around and continue eating the bugs in our garden. I found an unused clay pot in the garage, took a hammer to it and selected two good sized chunks to make toad houses.One of the toad houses in the garden. Very simple.
I do hope he sticks around, and maybe even brings a friend to live in the other toad house.

No comments: