Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I've been tagged!

Crap! I have always hated in school when the teachers would ask you to write about yourself or when at a job interview they ask"what's your greatest strength? weakness?" So now I have to list 7 interesting things about me.... Hmmm....? I guess this is always a hard question for me because I have to then wonder, what is interesting?

1. Like Jenny, my friend who tagged me, I have a prized childhood possession. It's not a doll though, or a blankie, it's a pillow. Or maybe I should say it's what used to be a pillow, it's so old it's actually squished to a thickness which is less than that of a comforter. It was my dads before it was mine and it was already pretty flat when I got it. In fact, that's why my mom gave it to me, when I was nearly a year old she wanted to give me a pillow but she didn't want some huge fluffy death trap so she stole my dads pillow which was nearly flat already. That pillow has since been everywhere I have been, it has traveled to more destinations than any inanimate object should. Kevin says that my pillow will probably be the death of mankind, as he is sure that some horrible bacteria,yet unknown to man, is probably growing in it's bowels. Not true. That pillow has been washed many, many, many times which accounts for the fact that hardly any of it's original exterior fabric remains and I have to encase it in 2 zip-up pillow cases. I swear my pillow will probably be put in my casket someday.

2. I just got back form Costa Rica, I think that's interesting and I plan to blog about it soon.

3. I was once an honorary Filipino. In high school and part of college I was a dancer for a Filipino Association in Austin. Yes I even learned to sing the national anthem of the Phillipines in Tagalog. Can't do it anymore, so don't ask. Why?, you ask, didi i dance for this association as I am clearly not a Filipina? I had a good friend who was and they needed an extra dancer for one of their conventions. She knew I liked to dance and that lead to not just one convention but the Christmas party, New years, summer fiesta, and performing at various street festivals in and around Austin for the next 4-5 years. We did traditional Filipino dance as well as Tahitian and Hula. In fact, if I ever visit the Phillipines I plan on joining right in if they bring out the bamboo poles and start doing the Tinikling.

4. I used to have a HUGE collection of unicorns. Started collecting them before I can remember and kept it up till highschool. Have gotten rid of all but a few of them which are in boxes in the attic right now, save for one, which is a music box that is in Sabrinas room.

5. I have a weird curiosity about serial murderers. No, I am not crazy or morbid. I just like to read about them and try to wrap my brain around why they do what they do. It really dumbfounds me that the human mind can be such a dark strange place.

6. I love the water and love to scuba! I have always been like a fish. Sabrina and Aidan seem to have both gotten that gene as well. Sabrina has absolutely no fear of water whcih means we have to be even more careful with her when we are around it. She will just walk right in till shes completely submerged without an ounce of hesitation.

7. I am not a big sports fan. I really don't see the point of most of it. I actually do like to watch a good boxing match every now and then, but for the most part sports are just dull to me. It's not that I don't watch them or enjoy the games I do watch from time to time, it's just I can't stand it when people think that life just stops when a game is on. Really annoys me. Kevin is not like this, thank God! But I have known plenty of people, mostley men, who think that everything else should take a basckseat to watching the game, whatever game that might be. I just think there are more important things and thats why God created Tivo.

Okay, I managed 7 things. Not sure how, but I did. Thanks Jenny, now my brain hurts ;) lol!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Greatness! I love these memes because it gives us a chance to learn more about you. Love learning more about you, my friend!

Give Sabrina a big hug from Maggie!