Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th

We had a great 4th of July. Friends and family came over and we BBQ'd, drank margaritas and chatted all day. The kids ran around my backyard and splashed in the kiddie pool and ran through the sprinkler.



I love the fourth! It's my favorite summer holiday. I decorated our new patio with flag bunting and stars. We had enough food to feed and army, smoked chicken, Bratwurst, hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans, chips and dip. Classic American cookout foods! And of course we had watermelon! It's not a summer party or picnic till the watermelon has been put on ice and cut up to share... We wound down the night with some fireworks at Breckenridge park. The kids were exhausted and fell asleep on the way home, they didn't even wake up when we got them out of the car and changed them into their pajamas. It was a long, fun, summer day and I can't wait till next year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: