Friday, April 11, 2008

Life is sweet and tasty!


Sabrina was eating watermelon yesterday, one of her favorite things. She took a big bite and blurted out "it's sweet and tasty!" I am not sure where she gets these things. I am amazed everyday how my children, like all kids, get such unadulterated joy out of the simplest things. A walk down the street is a safari, the moon is magical, everyone is a friend and watermelon is the best part of the day. I guess that why it's called un"adult"erated, when you become and adult you don't look at things the same way, with the same joy or exuberance as a child. The world takes it's toll. I am cherishing these moments, they help me be a kid again myself and look at the world a little different everyday. I know it will happen much to fast, that the world will take it's toll on my kids and they will grow-up. All I can do is watch and try to keep them as innocent and "unadulterated" as possible, for as long as I can. Becasue right now, in this instant, life is sweet and tasty, and I want to taste it all!

No comments: